Coinbase is one of the most popular exchanges to buy and sell bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum. The company was founded in 2012 by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam, the headquarters is in San Francisco. Digital currency buys and sells are currently available to citizens or current residents of the US, Australia, Canada, Singapore and many European countries. Even if you reside in a region where they don’t yet support buying and selling, you can still use Coinbase as a free, hosted wallet to store and transact with the digital currency. Coinbase is a client oriented company, creating new possibilities in the market of leading trading technologies. Collaboration with their clients is completely transparent, while their high-tech service allows traders to see the actual picture of digital currencies, and to evaluate risk objectively. According to the user’s reviews, this is one of the most trusted companies that have built a very good platform for digital currency integration. Coinbase is also a wallet provider and the company primarily operates like a broker.
Some benefits for traders include:
- 32 countries supported
- Coinbase store the vast majority of the digital assets in secure offline storage
- Users always have the information they need to make informed trades
- Stable wallets, wallets work on Android or iPhone
- Digital currency stored on their servers is covered by insurance policy
- Very good platform
- Easy to securely buy, use, store, and accept bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin
Global Digital Asset Exchange (GDAX) is a trading platform for Coinbase. On this platform institutions and professionals have the ability to trade a variety of digital currencies. All USD balances are covered by FDIC insurance, up to a maximum of $250,000 per customer. Trades on this platform have a maker/taker price model, takers are usually charged 0.25% of the trade amount while makers have no transaction costs. This is one of the most popular platforms to buy and sell bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum.
The main characteristics of this trading platform:
- Intuitive interface with real time order – books
- Simple order process
- Charting tools
- Trade history
- Takers are usually charged 0.25%
- No fees on maker trades and offers volume-based discounts on all taker fees, going as low as 0.1%
- Users can quickly engage in multiple trades without having to initiate bank transfers for each trade
Coinbase is a regulated entity and complies with all applicable laws and regulations in each jurisdiction in which it operates. Coinbase currently operates in 32 countries across Asia, Australia, Europe and North America.
Supported Digital Currencies
The following image lists all supported Digital Currencies on Coinbase and GDAX:
Deposit and Withdraw
A deposit can be made by depositing Digital Currency and/or Fiat currency from your basic Coinbase account, bank account or an external digital currency address into your GDAX account. You may withdraw digital currency from your GDAX account by transfer to your basic Coinbase account or to an external digital currency address. You may withdraw Fiat currency from your GDAX account to your basic Coinbase account or directly to your bank account. Wired funds will typically appear in your account within 1 business day. You can be 100% sure in safety of your coins because Coinbase uses progressive technology to protect all data and secure methods for funds depositing/withdrawing.
Coinbase offers professional customer support round the clock – seven days a week and 24 hours a day. The support is available via email, telephone, and live chat. Their customer support is excellent and very helpful, you can send a message anytime via chat and get feedback right away. Coinbase is active on Facebook and Twitter.
- One of the most popular exchanges to buy and sell bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum
- Global Digital Asset Exchange (GDAX) is a trading platform for Coinbase
- Trades on this platform have a maker/taker price model, takers are usually charged 0.25% of the trade amount while makers have no transaction costs
- Online wallet available
- Lots of long-time customers
- You can purchase or sell digital currency for as little as 1.00 in your local currency (answer from their customer support)
Coinbase is one of the most popular way to buy and sell bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin. Over 10,100,000 users are signed up on the official website. Coinbase offers professional customer support and currently operates in 32 countries across Asia, Australia, Europe and North America. Coinbase has two core products: GDAX for trading a variety of digital assets on its professional asset trading platform, it also offers an API for developers and merchants to build applications. Their platform is simple and clear, made up for the beginners and experienced traders. Coinbase supports a variety of payment to buy or deposit, including bank transfers, credit cards, debit cards, and bank wires. The user reviews and opinions for Coinbase are fairly positive and because of this Coinbase is one of the most popular crypto currency exchanges.